General School Information
Collier Charter Academy is a tuition-free public charter school educating students in grades K-8. For the 2017-2018 school year, applications are being accepted in grade levels K-6. The school is now accepting applications for K-7 for the 2018-2019 academic school year. Collier Charter Academy is governed by the Southwest Charter Foundation, Inc.
Frequently asked questions
Who is eligible to attend?
Collier Charter Academy is open to K-8 school aged students who reside in Florida.
What kind of programs and services will be available?
- Personalized Learning Plans – Assessments are performed periodically to determine how your child will learn best. Learning styles are established to tailor lesson plans to meet the needs of each student.
- Access to PowerSchool’s Student Information System – Parents are given access to their children’s personal information through a password-protected computer-based system that allows them to monitor their progress. Parents can monitor test scores, homework and attendance on a daily basis.
- Parent Involvement – We know that children enjoy greater success in school when the adults they admire most take an interest in their education. Our students’ parents are required to commit to volunteer hours each year for the school. These hours foster closer relationships and ensure a more secure learning environment.
- Uniforms -A school uniform policy is enforced. School uniforms must be purchased exclusively from a Collier Charter Academy approved vendor only. School uniforms instill a sense of pride in the school as well as each child’s individual appearance. Uniforms allow students to focus on their education instead of designer labels and fashion trends.
Are Before and After Care programs available?
Yes, please see the Before and After Care Program page.
Does this school provide transportation?
Limited transportation, or an equivalent reimbursement, may be provided to any student who falls under any of the of following categories:
- Any student in grades K-8 who does not otherwise have access to an adequate educational facility or opportunity.
- Any student in grades K-6 who is subjected to a hazardous walking conditions while en route to or from school.
- Any student in grades K-8 who has a documented transportation need their current/valid IEP.
Is a meal service available?
Breakfast and lunch service will be available to all students. Breakfast costs $1.50 and lunch costs $2.85. Reduced breakfast costs $.30 and reduced lunch costs $.40. Collier Charter Academy will participate in the National School Lunch Program and free or reduced pricing will be available to those students who meet the guidelines.
Where can I purchase uniforms?
School uniforms must be purchased exclusively from a Collier Charter Academy approved vendor only. Uniforms consist of a polo shirt with school logo and khaki pants, shorts, or skirts with logos already attached. Uniforms should not be purchased until you receive the name of the approved vendor.
Please see the School Uniforms page.
What school supplies are needed?
A list of supplies that are required for each incoming students will be provided at the school. These supplies should be brought in to the homeroom teacher on the first day of school. A list of supplies that are required for each incoming students will be provided at the school. These supplies should be brought in to the homeroom teacher on the first day of school.
Please download the pdf on the School Supplies page